1. What information do we collect from you?
1.1 In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our main website or associated white label sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
1.2 We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
2. Why do we collect this information?
2.1 The purposes for which information may be used by us inside and outside of the European Economic Area include:
- In order for us to be able to provide to you our service or product, which you have agreed to.
- Ensuring that content from our site or App is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to.
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates inside or outside of the EEA.
- Legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advice.
- Researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/ events/ forums.
2.2 Optergy collects the minimum amount of personal data necessary in order to process the tasks described above. No irrelevant personal data is stored on the company’s systems.
3. Who might we share your data with?
3.1 We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- Personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services.
- Our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any).
- Persons under a duty of confidentiality to us.
- Persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside of the European Economic Area (EEA); or
- Actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside the EEA.3.2 As an entity, Optergy operates businesses both inside and outside of the EEA. These other factions of our business are based in Australia, Malaysia, USA and UK. We require all service providers to process your information in a secure manner which is in accordance with updated data protection regulations. We utilize standard means under EU law to legitimize data transfers outside of the EEA.
4. What do we do with your data?
4.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers outside of the EU. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security while accessing the internet that is out of our control. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
5. How long do we keep hold of your information?
5.1 Once your data is held on our system we intend to hold this data for 7 years after the date of account creation. Customers may request deletion of their personal data from Optergy by contacting us on the telephone number or email below.
6. How can you access the information Optergy holds about you?
6.1 Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), individuals have the right:
- To check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data.
- To require us to correct, as soon as reasonably practicable, any data relating to you that is inaccurate.
- To ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us;
- To object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. We shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
- To request the deletion of any personal data which the company (Optergy) may hold for that specific person.
6.2 You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please send requests for such objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to the details found in the ‘contact us’ section.
6.3 In accordance with the terms of the GDPR, we have the right to and may charge a minimum fee for processing any data access request.
7. Payment information
7.1 When making a payment with Optergy you do so through the Stripe Payment Gateway. In order to make a payment you will be required to pass your card number, expiry date and CVV code through this gateway. None of your card details will be stored on the Optergy systems. This information will be solely retained in an encrypted format by Stripe.
8.2 We use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
8.4 You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
9. How to contact us
Address: Level 12, 1 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW 2060Australia
Telephone: +61 403 701 364
If you are unsatisfied with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.