Used to interface, control, schedule, monitor, trendlog and alarm unitary Input/Output controllers. Including but not limited to:
- Variable Air Volume Box’s (VAV)
- Fan Coil Units (FCU)
- Packaged Unit (PAC)
- Air Handling Units (AHU)
- Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF)
- Central Plant
- Cooling Towers
- Heat Pump
- Supply and Exhaust Fans
- Variable Frequency/Speed Drives (VFD, VSD)
- Computer Room Airconditioning (CRAC)
- Fume Hood Systems
- Hydronic Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Gas Detection Systems
Building Management System Tools
Optergy’s base license comes with all the tools required to engineer a project. There are no extra costs or software required. All tools are built in and web-based ensuring project and service engineering can be done from any location without locking the engineering tools to one laptop or one engineer. These built-in tools allow for quick and easy project deployment.
BMS displays are made through the Optergy web-based display tool. All widgets are easy to drag and drop with each having a wide range of configuration options. Optergy’s user interface permits any BACnet device object to be presented on a graphic display. Optergy provides tools for integration with Modbus that automatically convert Modbus points to BACnet.
- Toolbox with preconfigured widgets
- Template tools
- Edit common allows quick changes for all selected points on the screen
- Live data preview
- Easy menus for switching between displays
- Create display templates for easy reuse
- Align all highlighted points
- Security levels allow restrictions on viewing and overriding all points
- On click actions enabling links to internal displays as well as any web or local URL
- Ability to remove/add functionality from points
Programming Tool (PROTON ONLY)
Control logic can be hosted, edited and run in the Optergy software. The programming tool comes with a set of logic blocks including the ability to define a custom function block. All logic blocks are easy drag and drop through the programming tools web interface.
Tools & Features:
- Custom Blocks: Custom blocks enable users to create and define function blocks containing custom programming logic with defined inputs/outputs. Custom blocks can be encrypted and password protected to protect intellectual property.
- Read/Write points from/to external systems. Reference using the format
[BACnet device number]:[Object Instance] e.g. 3001001:BV-1
- Live Mode: Using live mode will poll points used in programming to show the live operating data.
- Live Override: All points can be overridden from this interface enabling quick and easy program testing and diagnostics.
- Point Scan: Running a point scan will report where object points and sequence numbers have been used. Click the point for quick navigation to workspace containing the point of interest.
- Multiple Workspaces: Ability to categorize a project into multiple workspaces for simple organization and programming logic workflow.
- Quick Tools: Repeat a function by sequence number, branch number, device instance, object instance, array index, substitution number & manual input.
- Subroutines: Allows the user to reuse programming logic and reference multiple devices.
Optergy uses BACnet, allowing the software to connect, communicate and interoperate with any manufacturer’s BACnet device. Commonly used BACnet features include functions such as notification classes, alarms (event enrolments), trendlogs, schedules and calendars. Optergy used to create the objects locally or in third-party BACnet devices.
- Create and host alarm notification classes
- Import and edit alarm notification classes from third-party devices
- Create and host alarms
- Import and edit alarms from third-party devices
- Customize destination and format of alarms
- Attach links and system displays to alarms
- Create custom messaging for alarm states
- Alarm hierarchy/escalation tool
- Alarm reports, web or PDF
- Alarm list
- Individual alarm history
- SMS, Email or web display & notification of alarms
- Create and host trendlog notification classes
- Import and edit trendlog notification classes from third party devices
- Create and host trendlogs
- Import and edit trendlogs from third party devices
- Mass trendlog template upload
- Create multiple trendlog views, using up to 8 trendlogs for fault finding and diagnostic purposes
- Configuration of trendlog views
- Save trendlog views
- Saved trendlogs library
- Individual URL link for all trendlog views
- On-demand or automatic email of trendlog views in CSV or PDF
BACnet Schedules & Calendars
- Schedule hosting
- Hosting calendars
- Scan and edit schedules hosted on third-party devices
- Optimum start (smart start algorithm)
- Holiday scheduling
- Event scheduling
- Scan and import calendars from third-party devices
- Add future or recurring holidays
Smart Demand Management
Optergy allows for live management of electrical demand. The ability to control and limit a buildings maximum demand can provide substantial cost savings. Optergy’s built-in demand limiting feature enables a building to automatically control loads as incoming electrical demand increases. This can be achieved by varying loads periodically, relaxing setpoints, deadbands, reducing VFD speeds and turning off non-critical loads. All points are configurable through the built-in application.
Smart Building Startup
Optimum Start is a smart control algorithm used to turn on a buildings HVAC systems automatically before scheduled hours. The algorithm automatically calculates the minimum operating time required for ensuring the building is at the desired temperature before occupants arrive. Optergy performs live calculations, learning how the building behaves and adapts a spaces start time daily dependant on all inputs and learnt thermal factors.
- Scan for all BACnet devices on IP network and MS/TP network
- Scan for a device instance range
- Scan for a specific device
- Ping a specific device on a specified IP network
- Save any scanned devices into device manager graphics and in programming
BACnet Object List Scan:
- Scan any device object list saved into device manager table
- Select all devices or specific devices to scan
- Filter scan for specific BACnet criteria
- Scan for object description and present value
- Download scan as CSV, PDF or Excel spreadsheet
Read BACnet Object:
- Quickly read BACnet properties out of any device
- Run reports on all BACnet point activities i.e. points overridden
- Reports automated for distribution to specific users/groups
Diagnostic BACnet Templates:
- Used to quickly view BACnet objects before custom displays are created
Backup/Restore of Whole Project:
- Manually run as needed
- Automatically run and saved on host
- Automatically FTP/SFTP to remote server
- Ability to reference PDF, video content within displays
- Quick download of documents i.e. Operation and maintenance manuals
Included in the software are the necessary tools to connect, interface and troubleshoot Modbus communication. Optergy automatically converts any interfaced Modbus points into BACnet.
Modbus RTU Interface (Proton Only):
An RTU Modbus communication device can be wired directly into one of Protons four communication ports, removing the need for third-party IP integration hardware. Once ports are set up all the below Modbus tools can be utilized.
Modbus IP Interface:
Optergy can communicate directly to Modbus IP devices.
Modbus Point Addition:
Modbus communications, unlike BACnet, the user cannot simply perform an object scan on a Modbus device and read all properties of that device. Modbus communication work as an individual query. The built-in Modbus client allows the user to test communications with a Modbus point and then ensure that the point is read correctly.
Modbus points can be expressed as server points, BACnet virtual device points, or meter points.
Modbus Single Points
- Add individual Modbus points for interface within Optergy and 3rd party BACnet devices.
BACnet Virtual Devices
- Links Modbus points to BACnet points.
- Create templates for Modbus devices.
- Use templates to add all Modbus points from one device.
- Reuse templates for future jobs.
- Makes fast and easy Modbus device integration.
- Optergy resides on the same IP subnet network to communicate with the intended IP Device.
- BACnet Broadcast Message Device (BBMD) Tables can be used to link between different subnets on the same IP network.
- BACnet IP for both Proton and Optergy Enterprise. Only limited to 3rd Party IP Gateway Parameters.
- BACnet MS/TP on Proton only.
- Each port can handle up to 100 devices.
- Accepted Baud Rates of MS/TP: 9.6k, 19.2k, 38.4k, 76.8k, 115.2k.
- Modbus IP for both Proton and Optergy Enterprise. Only limited to 3rd Party IP Gateway Parameters.
- Modbus RTU on Proton only.
- Each RTU port can handle a maximum 128 devices at quarter load devices and 64 devices for half load devices.
- Accepted Baud Rates for serial Ports: 4.8k , 9.6k, 14.4k, 19.2k, 28.8k, 38.4k, 57.6k, 115.2k, 230.4k.